How To Watch An Age Restricted YouTube Video Without Signing In By Modifying The URL

johnboscoville

Administrator
Staff member
YouTube's content rules usually prevent users from uploading content others would normally need to watch in an incognito window. That doesn't mean the content on the site is appropriate for everyone. YouTube has a special Kids application that gives parents a chance to control what their kid can watch on YouTube. YouTube also puts age restrictions on viewing certain types of videos. These are mostly for videos with lots of nudity or violence. Strong language doesn't fall under this category; you can watch all of Grade A's Under A's videos without proving you're no less than 18 years of age. If you by chance click on a video that requests that you sign in to watch it, you don't really need to sign in. There's a pretty perfect trick you can actually pull with the URL of an age-restricted YouTube video to easily by-pass the age restriction. Here's the way it works.

youtube-age-restricted.jpg

A YouTube video's URL actually looks this;

The URL of an age-restricted URL has a similar structure; the main domain name, followed by "watch?v=" and the video's unique ID i.e. the arrangement of random letters and numbers.

If by chance you click on a video that is age-restricted, you simply need to replace the "watch?v=" part with 'v/'. This is what the modified URL ought to look like;

This little trick has been around for a long, long time. It's possibly the easiest way around an age-restricted YouTube video. It requires no extension or add-on and will work regardless which web browser you're using.

The URL in the example above isn't for a restricted video so in case you're looking for something to test this trick on, search YouTube for the unrated version of Blurred Lines. I should mention that this video is age restricted because of the fact that it has excessive nudity so watch it at your own risk. I couldn't find anything with enough violence to warrant an age restriction.

Tell all your friends, and use this trick for good only.

Last edited:

Important Notice

We do not support the downloaded files and how to run content

LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE