This method is straight forward and easy. Follow the given steps below to get started.
1. Go to edx (link above)
2. Click on register
3. Enter any name/username/password. Use a real email (it can be a temp email, whatever you want, but make sure you can receive an email with it)
4. Click create account.
5. Go to your email.
6. Go to the link sent to you in your email to verify/activate your account.
7. Go to cs50.io
8. Click "go"
9. Click "allow"
10. Go to
11. Sign in with your email+password
12. Delete any workspace (click the workspace, click the cog next to "clone", click delete workspace, and type "ide50", click coace.
From here, you can create whatever workspace with whatever template you want and use this as a hosting platform. If you want to configure it to be a VPS, then proceed with the steps below.
14. Change the workspace to private.
- Name your workspace whatever you want
- Choose python as the template.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firefox
When you install, it will ask you if you want to set a password. Respond with "yes" and set a new password.
Throughout the installation process, just reply Y or "yes" to everything.
18. Once everything is done installing, click to the link it shows you in the bash (
VNC client running at LINK HERE), click open, click connect, enter your password, and voila! There you go!
Before we installed firefox to make it easy to install other programs. Right, click and go to Applications --> Shells --> Bash (click on Bash). Type "firefox". Firefox will then open.
That's it, guys.